Monday, September 14, 2009

Dawgs win!

When asked what Georgia's 41-37 win will affect Coach Mark Richt's upcoming week, he replied, "I don't know. I'll probably smile more." He's definitely not the only one.

A lot of stuff is going on here. I wish I could blog more, but sometimes I just forget.

On Sunday our group went to an "estancia" ("ranch" in English, I believe) about an hour and a half outside the city. It was named after a certain tree that covered the property when the owners decided to turn it into a tourist spot. We also toured the small surrounding town. Highlights included orange trees and a general store. Also, a store with a lot of knives.

Back at the ranch (get it?), we ate beef and french fries for lunch and got to see a band play a show consisting of many different Argentine musical styles. Two great dancers accompanied the band, and a little dressed up boy performed an amazing dance routine. It was a lot of fun.

After that, we went to see jousting. I'm not saying Argentine's are soft, but in my day a joust meant lining up opposite another guy on his horse and trying to kill eachother with swords. These guys seemed to think it meant riding horses at top speed and grabbing something from a wire? I can't be totally sure because I was so busy being audibly disappointed no blood would be shed. The gauchos seemed really nice, though, so I guess I'm happy no one was hurt.

We rode horses, also, but I spent the entire time either trying to convince the horse to go faster or praying to God that the thing would slow down.

I have a lot of work this week, but it'll be over by Thursday and we're going to Mendoza. It's wine country and I'll get to see the Andes, a dream of mine since I realized they would coincide with a trip to wine country.

Oh, and I had a lot of fun on the bus ride back from La Estancia because it gave me an opportunity to recite lines from Dave Chappelle stand up routines. Is there anyone funnier than him?

No comments:

Post a Comment